This course –
Has been designed to provide delegates with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to supervise a gang or gangs (as appropriate).
- Two days maximum 12 delegates, with two instructors. Maximum 8 delegates with one instructor.
- On completion of the session delegates will –
- Have a working knowledge of National Highway Sector Schemes.
- Realise the importance and relevance of health & safety at work.
- Have a working knowledge of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management.
- Provide evidence that they understand the differences between Chapter and the Safety at Street Works and Road Works (red book) and how these apply.
- Understand the risk assessment process and be able to carry out
risk assessments & method statements on works involving traffic
- Be able to demonstrate their knowledge of their Supervisory
- Have the ability to assess the suitability of equipment for the use on
- Be able to monitor site and recommend action as condition
- Be able ascertain when management intervention is required.
- Delegates must be qualified in 12D T1 & T2 prior to attending the 12D T6 course
- Two test papers, 75% pass mark
Who should attend?
- All Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) as described in Sector Scheme Document 12D who wish to become a Registered Lead Traffic Management Operative (RLTMO).
Awarding Body –
- LANTRA AWARDS