This course –
Has been designed to allow TM Companies to appoint a person to design and control Type B closures for the purpose of installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management equipment on high speed, Highways Agency roads.
- A two-day training course held off-site for a maximum of 8 delegates.
Session One: At the end of this session delegates should
- Be aware of the requirements of the sector scheme for traffic management with regard to its background and site requirements particularly in the area of training and qualifications required.
- Be aware of the general health and safety requirements at work as well as those, which are specific to the traffic management industry.
- Be aware of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
Session Two: At the end of this session delegates should
- Understand the significance of TSRGD in relation to the use of signs on the public highway.
- >Be able to identify the signs of British Standards when specifying traffic management equipment.
- Be aware of the reference documentation used in traffic management.
Understand the relevant provisions of Chapter 8 traffic signs manual in particular:
Types of work
- Site definitions
- Types and suitability of equipment
- Placement and position of equipment on site
- Traffic Management vehicles
At the end of this session delegates should –
- Be aware of various methods of installation, maintenance and removal in operation in the traffic management industry.
- Be able to plan and design traffic management schemes to facilitate single lane running facilitate single lane running for type B works on two and three lane sections of dual carriageways and motorways.
- Be able to calculate the equipment requirements for type B works on two and three lane sections of dual carriageways and motorways.
Session Four: At the end of this session delegates should –
- Be able to understand the roles and responsibilities of the LTMO and be aware of how to deal with the client, public and police.
- Compulsory 12B operatives, 90 minutes allowed, Pass mark of 75%
Who should attend –
- Qualified 12B operatives / Line Managers / Engineers / Foreman
- An allowance is made for candidates not qualified provided they pass the LANTRA 12A/B training day.
Pre-course Requirements –
Persons attending should have relevant industry experience.
Awarding Body –
- LANTRA AWARDS