This course –
Has been designed to meet the changes brought about by the introduction of the document ”a guide to safer temporary traffic management” and in line with the requirements of the Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 8 2008.
- A one-day training course, with an observation assessment of the operative carrying the duties of protection driver on live works.
At the end of the course the delegates SHOULD:
- Be aware of the health and safety legislation and their obligations
- Be aware of safe working practices
- Be able to check and operate the impact protection vehicle
- Carry out the duties of an Impact Protection Vehicle Drive to company policies
- Be able to communicate with TM Operatives installing static closures
- Be able to act as an escort vehicle for maintenance work
- Written question paper, 30 minutes time limit, 70% pass mark.
Who should attend?
- Operatives who are involved in Driving Impact Protection Vehicles for the purpose of installing temporary traffic management and/or protection Mobile Hard Shoulder Operations.
Awarding body –
- LANTRA AWARDS.