This course –
Has been designed to allow TM Companies to appoint a person to design and control Type A/B Standard or Relaxed closures for the purpose of installing maintaining and removing temporary traffic management equipment on high-speed, Highways Agency roads.
- A two-day training course, for a maximum of 8 delegates.
On completion of the course the trainee MUST be able to:
- Work out the traffic management layout required to facilitate access to a given work area.
- Work out the distances required for a range of traffic management layouts.
- Calculate the amount of equipment required for a given traffic management layout.
- Assess the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use.
Delegates should have an understanding of:
- The planning required for Type A/B – Standard or relaxed works
- The different types of temporary markings that are used
- How 3 different Type A jobs are constructed.
- How Temporary lane closures can be used in conjunction with Type a works.
- Compulsory question papers (written), 90 minutes allowed, pass mark of 75%.
Who should attend?
- Qualified 12A/B Operatives, 12B LTMO / TSCO / Line Managers, Engineers & Foreman
Pre-course requirements –
- Delegates should have relevant industry experience.
Awarding Body –
- LANTRA AWARDS